We’re hiring! The NorthBEAT Collaborative coordinating team is now hiring a NorthBEAT Research Student (full time, temporary, summer 2019).
Closing date: May 10, 2019
As a member of the NORTHBEAT team, the student will have opportunities to work with employees at the Centre for Applied Health Research at St. Joseph’s Care Group, as well as a wide variety of agencies and community partners who are involved with the NORTHBEAT collaborative. Outside of the daily operations of the position, working as part of the coordinating team on the NORTHBEAT Collaborative offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop an indepth understanding of the breadth of mental health, health and community services available within Northwestern Ontario. The student will be mentored by team members with extensive backgrounds in youth mental health, social work and communications/knowledge exchange.
Interested? Here’s what this opportunity is all about. It’s your opportunity to:
– Assist in coordinating and delivering NORTHBEAT advisory group programming, following best practices for youth/family engagement
– Support marketing and promotion of NORTHBEAT events and activities
– Work with the NORTHBEAT core team and NORTHBEAT’s advisory groups to co-create resources related to psychosis
– Represent NORTHBEAT at relevant community events, youth groups and/or meetings
– Provide progress reports and assist with relevant evaluation activities
– Support coordination of grant applications, research searches, report preparation, meeting and event coordination, including logistics, preparing agendas, taking minutes, supporting the development of Mental Health Fair toolkits/presentations for K-12
Skills and Experience:
– Basic office skills, including use of office technologies such as multi-line phones, photocopiers, etc.
– Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
– This position may require occasional travel within the region (Northwestern Ontario) and evening/weekend work
Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in health and social sciences (social work, psychology), public health, education, other sciences, business, sociology or humanities studies and who will be returning to full time studies in September.
Interested in accomplishing this over the summer?
Visit the St. Joseph’s Care Group job portal to apply: