Youth with psychosis in Northwestern Ontario do not get the help they need when they need it.
We're going to change that.
The NorthBEAT Collaborative —funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation Youth Opportunities Fund and sponsored by the Centre for Applied Health Research at St. Joseph’s Care Group— is a strategic systems collaborative that will make it easier for youth with psychosis to get the services they need, when they need them. We will improve pathways to care and services, and build the capacity of multi-sector providers to connect, learn, and make improvements in the communities they support.
The NorthBEAT Collaborative is funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation Youth Opportunities Fund, and sponsored by the Centre for Applied Health Research at St. Joseph’s Care Group.
Are you a member of the NorthBEAT Collaborative?
As per signed Collaborative Agreement v02: June 30, 2018
- St. Joseph’s Care Group (Lead Institution)
- NorthBEAT Coordinating Team, Centre for Applied Health Research (CAHR)
- Child Adolescent Psychiatry Services
- Invizzen Knowledge Brokers Inc
- 211 Ontario North
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Thunder Bay
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Fort Frances
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Kenora
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Thunder Bay
- Children’s Centre Thunder Bay
- Dennis Franklin Cromarty High School
- Dilico Anishinabek Family Care
- Dryden Regional Health Centre, Mental Health and Addictions
- EPION (Early Intervention Psychosis Ontario Working Group)
- First Nations and Inuit Health Branch (FNIHB), Government of Canada – Sioux Lookout Zone
- Lakehead University, Student Health and Wellness (pending)
- Nishnawbe Aski Nation
- Northern Nishnawbe Education Council
- North of Superior Counselling Programs (NOSP)
- P.A.C.E. – People Advocating for Change through Empowerment
- School Mental Health ASSIST
- Thunder Bay Catholic District School Board
- Thunder Bay Counselling Centre
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Thunder Bay Police Services
- Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre
- Child Adolescent Mental Health Unit
- Forensic and Adult Mental Health
- Prehospital Care Program
- 2018-08-15: News Article – ‘NorthBEAT’ calls on youths to join local advisory group, Fort Frances Times
- 2017-12-01: Media Release – $882,500 Youth Opportunities Fund Grant Helps Northwestern Ontario Youth Get Care And Services For Psychosis When And Where They Need It (pdf) | NetNewsLedger
- 2017-11-23: Media Advisory – Ontario Trillium Foundation Youth Opportunities Fund Awards $880,000 Grant: NorthBEAT Collaborative Will Improve Youth Mental Health in Northwestern Ontario (pdf)
- 2017-04-05: Media Release – Youth Opportunities Fund awards $12M to Ontario programs
Is your organization a member of the NorthBEAT Collaborative?
Click here to view Member resources
Want to make a difference? Join one of NorthBEAT's advisory groups!
Youth Advisory Group
Family & Lived Experience Advisory Group